2/20/2007

New Update

In the middle of typing up my last post, my computer died...and its not one of those "oh my computer crashed" sort of temporary problems. This is probably the real deal. I don't know if it was an electrical surge or what, but my computer had this terrible burnt smell, and when I took it to have an estimate done today the guy looked at it and said "oh my God". That is usually not such a good sign...

So, I suppose I'll be needing a new computer now, but I will not be able to get one until I return to the states in July. If anyone out there reading this has a laptop I can buy from them, let me know.

Also, I'm asking your prayers for this woman, Norma, who is the mother of my roommate's student. She is not much older than I am, has a 6 year-old and a newborn and is currently in a coma after being tragically caught in the middle of a gang shooting. She was driving in her car with her children when she was accidentally shot twice in the head, and with much prayer she has somehow held on and is making progress. Situations like this sort of shake me into reality, and make me realize just how precious and fragile life really is. Having had a couple of scary incidences myself, I also ask that you would continue to pray for my safety as well as the other teacher's at both my school and other schools like mine in the area.

I will be posting pictures from this weekend as soon as I can, so keep checking up on me. I covet your comments and e-mails...you don't realize just how encouraging they are. I love you all and I will try to do a better job of keeping you more updated.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey happy filp'n birthday. so i guess i need to find a computer for you. im sorry your computer died. i love you, gary

Anonymous said...

macayla-

Happy belated birthday. If you tell me how to mail a computer, you can have my laptop. I don't use it or need it anymore. I have my work laptop, plus my parents' computer as well as Ben's. Give me your address, and I will gladly give it to you. It is nothing great (e.g. you can't play crazy games or anything), but it works for the purposes you would need it for (pictures, internet, email, etc.). Let me know if you want it. Your most recent post made my cry, but in a good way. I am glad that you understand your purpose. You are very young to know so much. I love you, Cayla. Happy Birthday.
Colie