7/07/2006

Wicked Awesome

Yesterday my dad and I decided that since I had the day off that we should drive to Tampa to catch the Boston Red Sox play at Tropicana Stadium, home of the Tampa Bay Devil Rays. We had awesome seats right behind homeplate, and the tension was in the air as Tampa Bay had beaten the Sox the past three nights...losses that were defeating to the spirit seeing that Boston is currently in 1st place in their division and the D-Rays are in last place.







So, I mentioned that we had good seats...I mean, look how awesome this is! Standing a mere 25 feet away is Manny Ramirez, and although he is no Alex Rodriguez [...sigh...], he is totally awesome and as much fun to watch in person as he is on TV. He also had a great game, snatching 3 hits, two of which were homeruns and 4RBI's.
Posted by Picasa










In this picture you are truly seeing a magical moment captured on film. Like I mentioned earlier, tension was in the air at Tropicana Stadium. Boston needed to win this game to save face, and up until the 9th inning they were only barely staying ahead of the Devil Rays, and they were losing momentum. Several fans had brought in brooms to the stadium and were waving them around anytime the Rays did something right...which was occuring more and more frequently during the game. Boston comes up to bat, and they manage to load the bases. Next comes #34, David Ortiz...Big Papi...arguably the best hitter in the major leagues today. I get out my camera, and take this picture of Ortiz hitting a grand slam to clench the game for Boston. Needless to say, it was wicked awesome.

1 comment:

Tara said...

You're a good writer.
I enjoyed this post, even though baseball is not one of my things.
I miss you!