10/15/2006

A Funny Little Anecdote...

The other day I put out my vegetables for my maid to wash for me (since the process takes a little long with the soaking to completely disinfect everything) , and I left a small note which said
"Buenas Dias Rosy! Puede llavar las verduras en la bolsa? Gracias!"....which I thought said
"Good morning Rosy! Can you wash the vegetables in the bag? Thanks!"

What I actually said was "Can you take the vegetables in the bag?" The verb I wanted was LAVAR, 'to wash', and I wrote LLAVAR, which means 'to take'.

So I don't have vegetables. I think its pretty funny though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is too funny Macayla! WE loved the video clips Miss Purchase!! Priceless!! Love you and miss you! WE really are enjoying living with you through your website!! God is GOOD!!