3/14/2007

El Picacho



El Picacho, which literally means mountain peak, is home to a huge statue of Jesus Christ overlooking the city of Tegucigalpa. It was made as a replica of the famous Jesus statue overlooking Rio de Janiero in Brazil, and for me it is my reference point when I am in the city since I live on the same mountain as the statue.

One Sunday after church, Leah and I, along with a friend from church, spent the day at the park and looked over the city as well visited the zoo and botanical gardens on the sight as well. I hope you enjoy the pictures!












Great city view of about 3 million people.







I'm not sure what it is, but ever since I went to Ireland I am not afraid to stand dangerously close to cliff edges. This doesn't look so scary, but its pretty much a big drop. And that rock next to me? Yeah, I climbed it and sat upon it too.


So, I'm not sure why this is so funny, but we convinced a guard to let us borrow his machete so that we could take pictures. Our friend Rubiery thought we were nuts when Leah & I were like "Could you please pretend to chop us in half with a machete?" Being the gentleman that he is, he indulged in our twisted senses of humor and pretended to attack us.

A rare picture of me not being attacked.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you should remove the machete pictures for the same reason you put them on your blog

Anonymous said...

Mac, My mom and I think that you can use the machete pictures to raise support for all of your missionary efforts. Love ya, Ash