9/14/2007

2 little anecdotes...

I often times find myself in situations where I think to myself, I need to write this down so I can remember this funny little memory. Usually, the moment passes or I just completely forget, and so the memory is lost. This time, I happened to remember, so I hope you enjoy.

Yesterday I was in a taxi on my way to meet a friend, and I saw two police officers on the side of the road with a man they had in custody. Since traffic was backed up, I got to sit and watch the scene unfold for a minute. The police wanted to arrest this shirtless man for one reason or another, but did not have any handcuffs on him. So what did this enforcer of the law do? He took the shoelaces out of one of his boots and tied his wrists together with a shoelace.

Later that day, I was taking a taxi back to my house. Here people are pretty expressive with their cars, and taxis are no exception. They will do all kinds of creative re-wiring so that their horns have special sounds or are ultra sensitive so they may play an intricate rhythym on it (sometimes they will re-wire the up/down button for the window to become the horn, or their turn signal, etc.). Anyways, this taxi re-wired it so that everytime he pressed on the brake there was a light inside the car that would illuminate. It just so happened to be a set of praying hands that would light up, and I thought to myself that maybe this taxi driver is trying to tell me something, like that I should pray everytime he applies the brakes. I don't know if that was something that should be comforting or alarming.

Anyways, these thoughts just made me laugh to myself just a little.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

too funny !! LP