9/19/2007

Weekend Update

Okay, for right now I am just going to post the pictures from my last adventuresome weekend with some brief captions. I promise though I will give a detailed account in the next few days to come, so please check back for more updates!

Woe is me. Yet another weekend relaxing in a hammock in the middle of a tropical jungle.












Weekend out at Lago de Yojoa, located 3 1/2 hours outside of Tegucigalpa. This boat featured here (yes, the one with all of the water in it...rainwater we were told) is what we rowed out for 4 hours into the lake. Leah saw an island in the lake that she really wanted to go to, and islands seem to be much closer than they usually appear.
















Nothing like going to a restaurant where you have to look into the freezer to pick out your very own fish to fry up. Decisions decisions...




Hiking through the jungle and taking in some amazing views as well as some waterfall swims.



Yeah, all of these beautiful (and not quite so beautiful) things grow here in the the jungle. Notice the nice wild blueberries, wild coffee, wild flowers, and wild bugs.




The infamous shampoo ginger. We actually used our bounty of the natural shampoo to wash our hair with while bathing in the waterfall. Does that sound like an Herbal Essences commercial or what??? (Speaking of, please check out our own video commercial in the next post featuring our favorite new product...Shampoo Ginger!)




Walking down to Pulhapansak, the largest waterfall in Honduras. Simply gorgeous.








Before...





And after as I clumsily slip on the observation deck which is continually kept wet, and muddy with all of the waterfall mist. I cannot remember the last time I wiped out so bad. Leah thought it was hilarious and whipped out her camera to take a picture. Just slightly after laughing at me, Leah then fell 2 times on the deck. Gotta love irony.
Good thing I had the foresight to take my waterfall glamour shots before heading to the deck!






1 comment:

más que palabras said...

oh, falling. It's fun! I fell in the middle of dancing at a church in Costa Rica. I think it's Central America. It humbles you in more ways than one. ;) haha

love you!