6/18/2006

Ireland Pictures...part I

After only being able to sleep about 4 hours in a 32 hour time-span, we arrived in Shannon greeted by lilting accents, cold rain, and driving on the other side of the road in a rental car. Within 10 miles of the airport, we clipped a couple of car mirrors and managed to blow-out our tire on their very narrow roads. However, within 3 minutes we were rescued by the nicest man who called his friend in town to come change our tire and we were invited in this family's house to enjoy tea and biscuits next to a peat fire while we waited for the tire guy to come. Talk about hospitality!


This picture was taken in Doolin, the pokiest fun little town with the most awesome pub in County Clare. This watchtower is about 900 years old and is now a private residence. The owners get a nice view of the Atlantic and the Aran Islands in the distance.

Do you see something? Oh yeah, its a piece of my heart that was left there.

I will have this awesome watchtower home someday...


This picture was taken at the Cliffs of Moher. In case you can't quite tell, they were awesome! I hiked up these bad boys listening to Sigur Ros and hearing the roar of the ocean get louder the closer I got to the top. I eventually hopped a fence that had huge warnings on it not to go beyond this point, but I was determined to crawl on my stomach and hang my head over the edge. What a rush!

To gain a better prospective on their height, just to the right of the watchtower in the distance there are three people walking around.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Tara said...

AH! I love your pictures!!!!