6/18/2006

Ireland pictures...part II

Picture 1: Remember me talking about the pub in Doolin on the last post? This was taken in McGann's Pub, the less-touristy pub in Doolin, which by the way is the celtic music capital of the world. The pubs had awesome food for real cheap, awesome music, and awesome Guinness. I'm not normally a beer person, but when in Rome, right?
p.s. grandma bought the rounds that night...can't quite remember how many that entailed however...


Picture 2: This is a typical sea-side fishing village. Charming, quaint, brightly painted, and so small that you could literally spit from one end to another.

There will always be 2 pubs though....two rival pubs competing for the best craic (a gaelic word that pretty much means "good time")
Picture 3: When I took this picture all I saw was a little lamb, and since it was near the beginning of the trip I was taking pictures of anything that seemed to be different from Florida. It wasn't until I got home that I looked at the picture I took and thought of the symbolism of the lamb and the thorns...thought that was cool.






Picture 4: This picture isn't of anything really special, I just thought it was a beautiful photograph. It had just gotten done raining and the air was thick with mist, which provided great lighting for the vibrant colors of the boats and the grass to emerge.

Could this be a postcard or what??
Posted by Picasa

No comments: