9/06/2006

Finalmente....las picturas!


These veggies are at the local market, which is only open on Saturday mornings. The market is probably 2 acres big, and the food is so inexpensive. I have literally packed my entire army back-pack full of lettuce, onions, carrots, potatoes, mangos, avocados etc. for less than $6. The market is pretty much the only place where I feel competent with my spanish. I can wander off by myself, without the aid of a translator, and buy what I need without the sellers even straining to understand my spanish. But then again, how hard is it to say "How much is the leechee fruit?" or "I'd like 2 lbs. of bananas please."





How darling is this picture? I couldn't help but snap this shot...even if I did look like a tourist.



















Isn't this amazing? This is the catedral in El Centro, and its so beautiful against the blue sky and palm trees.





















Okay, this next one was altered a little bit with the sepia function on my camara, but what a beautiful picture. Its of nothing in particular, and I probably couldn't find it again if I tried, but I still loved it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, that is a pretty sweet picture. mom sends me all you emails,,, even though im on your mailing list. glad to hear your doing great in your hacienda (sp?) with your maid. im proud of you and think about you constantly. i love you macabee,
gary

Mrs. M said...

Omigosh, look who's decided to acknowledge his biological sibling.....

Anonymous said...

post some pictures with you in them, I forgot what you look like!

-Marilyn